Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 8 November 2014

Paper Piecing at A Gem of a Challenge

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hopefully Mr Blogger has played nicely and has posted this scheduled post (and I have made sure it's scheduled this time) for me as I am going where I really didn't think I would be going today
The NEC :o)

My beautiful friend and bestest blogging buddy Claire text me yesterday and asked if I would go with her and of course I am thrilled to be going. I really think it will do Claire the world of good to do something 'normal' amidst all the heartache and pain that she is going through right now. It will be very emotional I'm sure but hopefully it will be a lovely day too.

Anyway the real reason I'm here is to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this week the lovely Helen has picked the theme

PAPER PIECING

A technique I always enjoy doing but don't do very much!!!

Here's what I did:




And here's what I used:
Image: Pink Gem Designs 'Chloe in Hat and Jumper'
Coloured with Copics and Paper Pieced with Pink Gem Designs 'Sugar and Spice'
I die cut and aperture - using a die from MFT Blueprints 3 in the DP and stencilled the snowflakes using Antique Linen Distress Ink and Memory Box Snowflake Mask behind the aperture and then spritzed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle.
I also cut a Curved Border panel - using Spellbinders Curved Border die and embossed with Embossalicious Snowflake embossing folder and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and spritzed all over with Spray and Sparkle.
Sentiment: Magazine Freebie - edges inked and then blinged up with Glamour Dust.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Creative Romance - Winter Warmers
Christmas Stampin All Year Long - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Christmas
Digitally Sweet - Cozy Winter Moments
QKR Stampede - Let's Talk Christmas
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes
Scrapper's Delight - Anything Goes/Paper Piecing
Creative Card Crew - Christmas Joy

Thanks again for popping in to see me and for all your wonderful comments and support recently - it really does make it all worthwhile and means so much to me.

Have a fabulous weekend.
TTFN

30 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Gorgeous Debs, love the hills and colours. Hope you have a lovely day! Susan x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fab colours, hugs Pops x x x

Molecraft said...

A gorgeous card, great paper piecing and lovely colours!
Helen x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Debs, I love your muted colours and fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Beautiful. And I love the colours too x

Chrissy said...

She looks just lovely all paper pieced up Debs..I love to paper piece too.Love the border she is sitting on and love the colours..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Debs. I love the sweet image, gorgeous colours and such a beautiful design.
I hope you have a lovely day out with Claire.
hugs Sue xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous paper piecing Debs... and a beautifully designed card too! Hope you enjoyed your day at the NEC.. and that you were able to give your lovely friend Claire some 'normalness' at this very sad time for her. Hope also that you didn't spend too much! Can't wait to hear/see what you bought!

Hugs
Christine x

Debbie said...

Hope you have a lovely day out with your friend.what a great friend you are supporting her so well. Loving your card, it is so cute.love it.hugs Debbie x

Marjorie said...

This is so sweet Debs, love the paper piecing, I also love it but never do it!!.. Hope you and Claire had a lovely day:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you had a great day, shame I didn't go today instead of Thursday, would have loved to have met up with the two of you. Fabulous card, great paper piecing. Seem to have missed this image, must get her. Love the colours x

NanaConnie said...

Terrific paper piecing, Debbie! Love the polka dots and the snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining in our "Let's Talk Christmas" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you playing again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Donna said...

Beautiful card Debs, the colours are gorgeous and your paper piecing looks fab...if you pop over to my blog, your mentioned in one of my recent posts :) Donna ♥ x

Lisa xx said...

gorgeous card Debs, the PP looks fab! I'd love a Woolly and a hat like that

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at QKR Stampede Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic creation, so pretty and gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT member
xxxxxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow this is so pretty! Thanks for joining Creative Corner Challenge!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Lovely card and embossing!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet Christmas card
luv
Debby

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely fabby and such a great design.

I'm sure you and Claire had a day of highs and lows, but lots of fun too, and i look forward to seeing all your new goodies too, Luv Sam x

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.a really sweet image and i love your paper piecing and soft colours.

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Debs, oh wow what a stunning piece of paper piecing, that spotty paper looks just like knitting. hugs Shirleyxx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous card with this sweet image. Your paper piecing looks fab. Hope you and Claire enjoyed the NEC x
Rebecca.
x

Isobel said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing at Scrappers Delights good luck x

Karen Wilson said...

This is so pretty! I love the paper piecing :) Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Linda W. said...

You've inspired me to go back to some paper piecing. And I love the way you created the snow image! Thank you so much for playing with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Linda W. DT

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card and sweet image! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

Sanja Grdinić said...

Very pretty. Gives me warm & fuzzy feeling. :)

Tabbatha Sandoval said...

Beautiful paper piecing Debs. I think the layout is just wonderful.

M DelValle said...

Nicely done with the paper piecing and card design! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delight!