Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 25 November 2013

Home Sweet Home

Good morning. Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
Mine was a busy crafty one - still trying to get ahead with December DT makes and my Christmas Craft Fayre (this weekend). 
Jack played football yesterday and his team won again - so they are now through to the quarter finals :o)

I have another piece of Home Decor to share with you today - using an MDF item I purchased at the NEC in March (I think!!!) 


See the MDF keys - well here's what I did with one of them:





I started by painting the key with Gesso and then a Mother of Pearl Pearlescent paint. 
Then I covered it with some Decopatch Tissue paper and painted another thin coat of the pearlescent paint over the top.
I found the Home Sweet Home sentiment on the internet - but I can't find the link again :o(
Flowers from Live Love Crafts and from stash.
Memory Box 'Bookcase Key' Die and Madera Corner 
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Adhesive Pearls from The Hobby House
Black Seam Binding from stash

Challenges I would like to enter:

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - Vintage Style
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Any Sentiment 
Cute Card Thursday - Anything But a Card
Loves Rubberstamps - Shabby Chic or Vintage.

Thanks for popping in today - it's always great to see you here.
Have a fabulous day.

I'm off to get some of the dreaded ironing done :o( and then have another little play in my crafty haven :o)

TTFN

32 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oooh Debs, you clever girl!
This looks stunning and so chic sweetie.
You've inspired me and I'm very tempted to try something similar, I love playing about with plaques and this would be something a little bit different.
Chrissie xx

jonim52 said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous key. Love how you painted it., very pretty design. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Debbie said...

Hi Debbs.
Ye I have a Christmas Fair the same day as you. Good luck to you, hope we both do well.
Your key holder is stunning (I made one and sold it last week) and I was pleased with it...however it did not look as good as yours, you should have no worries selling it it's gorgeous.
Good luck.
Debbiex

Sue said...

The is stunning Debs. I love the pearlescent paint and delicate design on the paper. Gorgeous detailing.
Well done to Jack!
hugs Sue xx

Athina said...

Oh how pretty this would be on the wall! Beautifully done! I love the flourishes and the stamping you have done! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

rachel taylor said...

love the project and how you have decorated it thanks for sharing with brown sugar challenge this week Rachel DT

Claire said...

WOW this is just amazing! I love the shimmer and the choice of colours. Just fab. Hugs, Claire x

Tamie said...

Super cute creation! I love the colors and your layout. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Christine L said...

Hi Debs..

That'd look good on any wall... it's FAB!

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Debs,what a brilliant project and would make a fabulous Christmas gift..I love the colours and details...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL...xx

Ali said...

Wow - I love that it is sooo pretty - I wouldnt know where to start xxx

PaperDaisies said...

This is a stunning project. I love everything about it. Your detailing is exceptional. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Molecraft said...

A fabulous creation, love it!
Helen x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is fabulous, I love all the details and fab sentiment.

crafty-stamper said...

absolutely fantastic project love the pearlescent and love the delicate stamping and flourishes and great sentiment-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
carol DT x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Oh wow Debs this is fabulous, gorgeous sheen and so different! Susan x

Laura Love said...

Love the pearly look! This is a stunning project! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope to see you play again soon! Good luck in the draw! :)

Tammy said...

WOW this key is gorgeous Debs, I love the shimmery color and beautiful embellishments!
Hugs, Tammy

downrightcrafty said...

how gorgeous loving it
Hugs Kate xx

Beverley said...

Wow! Fabulous creation :) Hugs Bev x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous :0) big hugs love Pops x x x

Jane Savage said...

Amazing, Debs. I love the paint finish and all the gorgeous details.
Congratulations on the footie result! xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so fabulous! I must make one! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

cotnob said...

This is stunning Debs, I love all of the fabulous details - this will make a brilliant gift, or look wonderful on you wall if you can't bear to give it away.
Pauline
x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is beautiful Debs… I love the pearlescent effect and the embellishments are gorgeous… really pretty colours and so many lovely details... it's stunning!!
Glad Jack won at football over the weekend… they have done well getting through to quarter finals… hope they win next round too!
Take Care
Hugs Sue xx

coops said...

wow so stunning debs.fabulous design and i love the gorgeous details :D

xx coops xx

Qie said...

Great and stunning project. Thanks for joining our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good Luck.

Billie A said...

Great project and love that it can be used daily. Wonderful idea. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Nonni said...

Stunning project! I love the colors and details. Very shabby and pretty Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Inkspirational!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Fabulous! I need one of these! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Fabulous project, Debs - love your color choices bringing a homey feel, but a contemporary decor item! hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}