Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 10 March 2013

It's About Time!

Good evening.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend - and I hope all the Mum's in the UK got totally spoilt today.
I had a lovely Sunday Roast at our local carvery with the family - and lots of gorgeous flowers and gifts - I am blessed to have such wonderful sons (and Daughter-in-Laws lol"!!!)

It was my DH birthday on Friday and today I thought I would share the card and gift I made for him.

Here's the card:



and here's what I did:
I started by embossing a piece of Centura Pearl cardstock using M=Bossabities 'So Trendy' and then inked it with Radiant Rain Colour Concentrate in Copper and Nutmeg
Image: Papermania Urban Stamps 'Time Pieces' stamped onto Centura Pearl cardstock using Walnut Stain Distress Ink - edges 'Gilded' with Gilding Flakes
Tim Holtz Sizzix Clock Die Heat embossed with Frantage embossing enamels
Sentiment: Craft Stamper freebie - stamped with Walnut Stain DI and heat embossed with Clear EP

And here's the gift:
 





Here's what I did:
MDF Clock Base from Indigo Blu
Painted with Dulux Once Emulsion - 'Vanilla White' and then 'dry-brushed' with Dulux Once 'Soft Truffle'
(I got some tester pots of paint - 3 for £1 - what a bargain!!!)
Clockworks stamp - Indigo Blu stamped with Walnut Stain DI
Once dry I randomly shadow stamped the background with Creative Expressions Clockwork and Text background stamps
Roman Numerals stamped with Indigo Blu Flitter Glue and Gilded with Gilding Flakes
I also gilded the second hand

I was quite pleased with how this turned out :o)
John loves it - and it now has pride of place in his study - even though you can hear it tick tock as the second hand goes round - something I thought might annoy him lol!!!

The eagle eyed among you I'm sure will spot the not so deliberate mistake I made - just like Jack did - luckily I was able to rectify it :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Eclectic Ellapu - Birthdays
Hobbycutz - Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts - Make Your Own Background
Sunday Stamper - Use Some New Stash - All of it :o)
Sweet Stampin - For a Man or Boy
Card Crafter's Circle - Vintage Flair
Anything Goes - Make it Manly
Cards for Men - Monochrome
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Numbers

Thanks for popping by today - I really appreciate your visit.
Enjoy your evening.
I'm looking forward to the Dancing on Ice finale and the last in episode of Mr Selfridge - I might even treat myself to some of the scrummy choccies the kids bought me :o)

TTFN

37 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply BRILLIANT and fabulous co-ordination of gift and card

Thanks for joining us and ....
Don’t miss the Hobbycutz blog hop here - you can win prizes

Kathyk

Sharon said...

Wow Debs I love your card and gift and I am sure Hubby was thrilled. You are a very talented lady.
Hugs Sharon, x

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely creation Debs
Gr Elly

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW this is stunning, What a fabby clock and super card too. sounds like you have had a super day,

Love Hazelxo

Katina said...

WOW! Fabulous masculine makes - so special!
xx

tilly's crafts said...

fabulous creations Debs! love that embossed background and that gorgeous clock!
Kim x

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! Your card is stunning Debs, such gorgeous textures and fabulous colours.
The clock looks amazing too, such a wonderful gift. I'm not surprised that John loves it!
Hugs Sue

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is brilliant oh just love everything about this hun hugs Cherylxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what fabulous projects ... i love that embossed background and the clock is brilliant
Lsa x

cotnob said...

What a fabulous card and gift Debs, I love the clock, especially the gilded roman numerals and second hand.
I'm glad you had a lovely day.
Pauline
x

Anita Houston said...

Fabulous card! Love the clock and metal! All fabulous...great make! We've got your number this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Thanks for playing with us!

Mandy said...

This is fabulous Debs,love it,brilliant design...
Mandy x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Gorgeous card Debs and what a lovely clock so much fab detail, love the gilding! Susan x

Denise said...

What a lovely project. Thanks for joining in the first Hobbycutz Challenge. Good luck... and I hope to see you back next time!
xHugsx
Denise

coops said...

wow love these debs.stunning card and your clock is fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

Wow Debs two fantastic makes. I'm sure your hubby loved them.Your card looks so textured and the clock is gorgeous.You are one clever lady.Glad you've had a lovely day with your family.Big hugs Debbie x

Cathy said...

Simply gorgeous. Thank you for joining in the first Hobbycutz challenge, and don't forget to join in the hop if you haven't already.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Hels Sheridan said...

fabby art hun, loving the clock very muchly... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Dora said...

Fabulous card and gift Debs, love the clock and style of your card xxx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card and the clock is gorgeous. Wonderful textures and the gold is just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Whisper said...

absolutely stunning hun and i love how the card and clock link up, - rather John than me, with a ticking clock, it would drive me round the bend, Luv Sam x

Caro said...

Oh wow, this is incredible. I love all the texture on it. Thank you so much for joining in with the Quirky Crafts Challenge this week

Jayne A said...

Oh wow....the card is brilliant and what can I say about the clock..Stunning.
Hugs
Jayne

pinky said...

What a lovely gift and card for your Hubby Debs. The clock is just amazing. Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day.

Sarah said...

Hi Debs, apologies for being absent from commenting for so long - hopefully now that I have eased back on the DT commitments I'll be by more often.

Just been wandering back through your gorgeous cards and makes and admiring them all. The clock is wonderful and love the Uptown Girls card - your colour choices were fab!

See you soon,
Sarah

Sonia said...

Brilliant work,I really like a lot^_^It's something new to see,very well done dearest Debs^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Kobie Fouche said...

Thank You for Sharing this Lovely Project with us at Hobbycutz...Hope to see you again next time? Hugs Kobie

mags said...

Super creations. The card has lots of texture and the clock is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Hobbycutz and good luck.
Mags
x

Sue said...

Oh Wow! the card is So gorgeous Debs… what a wonderful embossed background and I love those timepieces… and the touches of gold look so good.. it's a wonderful design!
and the clock is awesome hun! what a fab gift !! :-)
Glad you had a lovely weekend hun!
We watched the end of Mayday last night…. ooh it was SO good… we really enjoyed it… fab cast of actors!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Juls said...

wow such an amazing project! Hugs Juls

EmmiLu said...

Wow! Lovely card and I can't imagine hubby not liking the clock.
EmmiLu

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous card the embossing is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
eclecticellapu.

Pauline said...

Wonderful creation ... love the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle Challenges!

Natali said...

Oh, this Birthday present just amazing!! Absolutely beautiful card with all "metallic" details.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “For a Man or Boy” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Debs. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Jenny said...

Fabulous card and perfect for a man! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'.

Claire said...

I can't believe I missed this post - fabulous card and just love what you did with the clock. No wonder John loved them, great work hun. Hugs, Claire x