Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 6 December 2012

CAS at MAWTT with Christmas at Charisma

sc
Good morning.
I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since Saturday - but I have been busy making 'things' and trying to get ahead with my DT work for December so that I can enjoy some quality time with my family over the festive period :o)
But I am here today with a double post to share my DT projects for
and our lovely Shell has picked the theme
CLEAN AND SIMPLE
at MAWTT
We are so lucky to be sponsored by the fabulous Saturated Canary this week and the DT had some images to play with.
I have used the gorgeous 'Princess Rose Red'
but I 'erased' the tree using Microsoft Paint.
 I simply printed the image and sentiment directly onto the base card
 and then coloured using Promarkers and Flexmarkers - the 'colour' on the inside of the card was hidden using an insert :o)
 It looked a little too plain for me so I tried one with some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink 'dabbed' around the image after masking it off. And then I added some Crafter's Companion 'Spray and Sparkle'

Not sure which I prefer but I thought I would share both with you.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies  and we have some fabulous GDT joining us this week too :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Loves Rubberstamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
TPE - Girly
Joanna Sheen - Anything Goes (excluding Christmas)
OSAAT - Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Clean and Simple

And over at

CHARISMA

the theme this week is nice and simples

CHRISTMAS
Here's what I did:

I created a panel of heat embossed snowflakes - using Versamark and True White EP and then inked over the top with Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks and then wiped over with a soft cloth to reveal the snowflakes.
 I have also used my most favourite Christmas Tree die (again!!!) smothered in Diamond Stickles :o)
A few adhesive diamantes and a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch to finish it off.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous prizes on offer from our sponsors this week:
 Simon Says Stamp
and

and to check out the awesome inspiration from my DT buddies :o)

Challenges I would like to enter this card into:
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes Christmas
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Snow
Everybody Art Challenge - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Snowflakes
Tip Top Tuesday - Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown - White Christmas
Natalie and Amy's - Christmas/Winter
Craft Your Passion - Snow
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - To Die For
Thanks for popping by today.
Catch ya laters.
TTFN

40 comments:

Janice said...

Great cards Debs - I especially love your Sat Can one - perfect, Jx

Lisa Jane said...

well you already know i love both the Cas cards .. so pretty .. and i love that dimensional tree in that last card
Lisa x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous cards, your colouring on the sugar and spice is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both creations are stunning missus, just love the pink shine & distressing on your MAWTT card!
The tree on your other card is amazing!!!
Hugs Shell xx

Wedgie said...

Wow Debs, stunning Christmas card. Love the colours.

Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas at Sweet Stampin's first challenge! Wedgie xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Debs these are just gorgeous. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
{Doing Life – 400 Follower Give Away}

Susan Flynn said...

Hi Debs, two beautiful cards. I think I prefer the one without the ink around it, your colouring is so lovely I think the ink detracts from it! Hope you have a great day hugs Susan x

Sue said...

Your CAS Cards are beautiful Debs! it's a gorgeous image and your colouring is awesome! I still can't decide which one I like best! :-) glad you put them both up!
and Wow! I love your Charisma Card… the embossing is SO pretty! and love the layout and the gorgeous tree…
Hope you are keeping well hun!
Have a nice day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Michelle said...

Amazing. Your card is great.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
XXX Michelle

Laura Love said...

WOW!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! I love them both! The colors are amazing and I love all the sparkles! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are both so fabulous, I love them! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW Debs both your creations are stunning, I love all the sparkle on the MAWTT one. Thanks for using the Spray and Sparkle it just triggered in my head Oh I have that!! I was looking to use something to complete a card but wasnt sure what!!! Got it now!!!

Love Hazelxo

Dora said...

Wow Debs, two fabulous cards, love the SC image on the first one. Your colouring is fantastic :) Thanking you for joining us for our 1st challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month and at OSAAT. Good luck xxx

Dawny P said...

What sweet cards chick :) I love the snowflakes and the colours are lovely. And your colouring is awesome. Thank you for joining us over the Simon Says Stamp and PTW Challenges, hugs, Dawny x

Cat's sCrap said...

Card N°1 : Simple and clean ! I LIKKKEEEEEE !!! Your coloring is perfect. The image is self-sufficient to her even. Bravo !

Card N°2 : I like your design. Fabulous work of embossing. Magnificent tree. Good work ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Mandy said...

Debs these are all absolutely gorgeous hunny, your colouring is fab, the sparkle always wins with me lol.
I saw your card on MIM :)
hugs Mandy xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Hello Debs
Your cards are both stunning.
I love the SC image and your colouring is so beautiful. I like the added ink and sparkle around the image
The snowflakes and tree card is equally beautiful

Hugs Sue

Rene said...

These are beautiful...since I have two girls I'm a bit partial to the first! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! And don't forget our special sponsor this week!!! Good luck,
Rene :D

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing the Snowflake card with us at Diva's by Design. There is some gorgeous dimension to your card and the snowflakes are beautiful.
Hugs Sharon. x

cotnob said...

Two fab cards Debs, I absolutely love the Saturated Canary one - it's stunning, your colouring is fabulous.
Pauline
x

Cumbrianlass said...

A beautiful Christmas card, I do like the snowflakes
Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge
Janet

Hazel said...

All beautiful cards. I think I like the shimmer around Rose, beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Renate said...

Wow, Debs you've been busy! I love the sparkly version of the canary princess, really made the image pop, I think.
And the Charisma card... Now that's my kinda card! :)I simply love that technique and your snowflakes are just gorgeous! Great work, sweetie! :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both cards are awesome Debs. I spotted you over at MIM and popped over for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sonia said...

Wow Debs, I love how you did the first card, I really like Saturated Canary images. You did a Fabulous creation, great job!
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Forgot.. you 2nd card is wonderful, great creation.
-Sony

Keti said...

Beautiful cards. Gorgeous image and stunning coloring.

Saw you at MIM and had to sneak a peek :-)

Happy Crafting. Hugs from Slovenia (my projects are 76 and 177)

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Olivia said...

Fantastic job with both cards. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous card Debs, you really are so creative.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

Hugs,

Julia

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

Hugs,

Julia

Allison said...

two beautiful cards Debs
Allisonx

Teresa said...

Stunning card Debs, thanks for joining in the Joanna Sheen challenge.
Teresa x

Esther said...

Lovely Christmas card - love that die cut tree and the contrast of thoe snowflakes..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Margreet said...

Your snowflakecard is so beautiful.....thanks for playing with Divas by Design!
Love your brilliant colouring of the first card too!
xxx Margreet

scrap joanny said...

wow Debs this is amazing :-))this is perfect for us challenge - thank so much for playing wiht craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Samantha said...

Both of your cards are fabulous I LOVE the way you have sparkled your SC image too! and love your Christmas card and thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, Samantha :0)

Flutterby Trina said...

I love both your cards! I LOVE what you have done with the tree on the Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin with our 'anything goes challenge, hope to see you again soon, hugs xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautiful cards. Love the one you submitted to FSC, especially. I like know the snowflakes pop against the distress inks. Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne