Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 11 November 2012

I've Been Having a Play

Good afternoon. Hope you are all keeping well and those not I wish well soon.
It's been a beautiful crisp sunny day here today - cold but bright - just how I like it :o)
I've had the chance to get into my crafty haven this morning and after getting a couple of DT makes done for upcoming weeks I thought I would have a little play with just a few things from my NEC stash.

Here's my first share: 

I had sooooo much fun making this card - it's for my Brother's birthday at the weekend.
I've used some Mica Powders that I haven't used in ages - love this technique :o)


So I stamped the Papermania Square Urban Stamp 'Time Pieces' onto some chocolate brown cardstock and then dusted over some gold, red and bronze Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders and die cut using Spellbinders Circle die.
Tim Holtz Clock Face die cut with same cardstock and then I dabbed my new Rangers Emboss It Ink Dabber and heat embossed it with Stampendous Frantage Shabby White and Aged Gold EP


The base panel was stamped using Grunge Polka Dots - from a bundle of stamps I recently won at Visible Image - thank you :o) and then dusted with Gold Mica Powder.
I also used my new Spellbinders Fancy Lattice Die 
M-Bossabilities folder ' So Trendy' - and then inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Sentiment - Craft Stamper magazine freebie 
Some Baker's Twine to finish it off


Challenges I would like to enter:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #233
My Time to Craft - Vintage
Sugar Hollow Creek - One for the Boys
Craft Room Challenge - Time Keeping 
Cards for Men - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Hexagons

John and Jack are off to the cinema later this afternoon so I might even get to have another little play :o)
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
TTFN

22 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Wow! this is So beautiful Debs… the embossing and mica powders look awesome!! I love the clock stamp!! :-)
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs the techniques you have used are fantastic and what a superb creation, love how you have used the TH Clock Die Cut it looks great behind the watches, love the die cuts you have used also the colours a brilliant card for a male
hugs
lorraine x

Pia S said...

Your card looks so cool with all those metallic looking efects! Fabulous!

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A really beautiful make .. .. love everything about it! No wonder you enjoyed making it!

Well done on winning my little fun quiz on Friday. I will get your goodies into the post to you tomorrow.

Hope you have fun with them.

Looks like you had a good time at the NEC. You won't know what to play with first!

Love Jules xx

Fluffles said...

Well this is a beauty for sure. Love the colours, design, techniques used, it's just brilliant...so what is the time? Jx

Wedgie said...

What an elegant card, great take on our theme this week.

Thank you for sharing at My Time to Craft this week, Wedgie xxx

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous .. my kind of card and colours
Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say -thanks for joining us at Cards for Men this fortnight
Lisa x

Donna Mosley said...

WOWSERS! Debs, this is AMAZING. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

Vicky said...

This looks awesoem sweetie love the embossing 7 the lush colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow Debs! Love the look of the frantage on the clock, cool card,

Liz x

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous manly card and love the mica powders. Your time pieces are perfect! So glad you could join our challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really stunning card - your embossing is gorgeous.
Caroline xxx

Debi said...

love that shimmer! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

craftybunny said...

Beautifully stamped and the mica powders bring out the details perfectly.Elegant card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Really stunning Debi...Love the depth of colour you have achieved. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Wishes, Suzanne x

craft-roomjulia said...

Great card, love the gold embossing detail. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Fantastic! so much texture and bold metallic those Mica Powders are spectacular on black. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card. Love the rich colours, the fantastic layers and details. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
yvonne

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Carrie Robinson said...

Beautiful card. I love all the detail - Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday this week xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love your masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards for Men challenge. We love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia