Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Fall Inspiration at Loves Rubberstamps - GDT

Good morning. I'm mega thrilled to share my news with you that I was lucky enough to be picked as 
Guest Designer for October for 


and today I would like to share my first GDT project with you :o)

The theme for this week is to take inspiration from this picture
Here's what I did:

 I took my inspiration from the gorgeous Autumnal colours and had a little play with my new
Sheena Douglass 'Silhouette Grasses' stamps and some Distress Inks
 I swiped an acrylic block with Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade DI's and then spritzed with water before stamping onto some cardstock. Then I overstamped the Grasses image using Walnut Stain DI.
I also pierced around the 'square' background and faux stitched.
The border around the edge of the panel was stamped using one of the smaller Grass images in the set.
 The sentiment is also from the stamp set and I did a bit of 'spotlight technique'
Dragonfly - MB Die
Some simple mat and layering onto to chocolate card to finish it all off.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the DT's  inspirational work and to check out the prizes on offer.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration
Gingerloft - Stitching Real or Faux
Joanna Sheen - Down in the Garden
That Craft Place - Make Your Own Backgroud
Clearly Inspired - Fall
Dilly Beans - Fall is in the Air
Simply Create Too - Autumn, Fall
Milk Coffee Challenges - Welcome Fall

Thanks for popping by - I really appreciate your visit.
I'll be back in a short while with my DT card for An Oldie But Goodie :o)
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

19 comments:

Loopylou. said...

wow debs hun this is just super, I love those colours and the black stamping looks stunning
huge hugs Lou xxx

Faye said...

Debs! This is so, so, so gorgeous. I absolutely LOVE. X

Susan Flynn said...

Really pretty Debs and so autumnal! Love the effect you have got with your DI pads!

Rene said...

This is gorgeous! I love your design...such a brilliant idea!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Sandy said...

This is gorgeous, love the stamping and the spotlight section and your faux stitching.
Thanks for linking up with Gingerloft for the stitching challenge.
Hugs, Sandy
DT Member for Gingerloft Challenges

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations challenge this week!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Tina said...

this is beautiful...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the design and the colors and how the fall words inspired you! Congrat's on the GDT and welcome!

Mynnette said...

Oh, WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning! GORGEOUS use of color--love the silhouettes!!! Please come and join me at Technique Tuesday if you have a chance! Also, I have a DT call going for a new challenge blog on my personal blog if you're interested! Happy stamping! :)

Melissa said...

Beautiful fall colors used! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! Be sure to drop by my blog for a chance to win some great Cosmo Cricket goodies! http://8ers.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Congratulations hun on your GDT - this card is absolutely amazing, such beautiful colours too - you never cease to amaze me with your inky skills. Love it. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Wow this is really stunning. Really love the wonderful colors you have used. Love how you have done the sentiment.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Gingerloft Card Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

Whimsey said...

WOW - absolutely stunning; PERFECT fall colors!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! ~Michele

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely gorgeous, just stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

CanadianScraps43 said...

Big congrats on your Guest Designer Spot. Your work is amazing and love the stamping on this. The layering of images is outstanding. So happy that you could play along with us over at Clearly iStamp. Hugs.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Debs: Love this great fall card too. We're so glad you entered it in Simply Create Too's Challenge #23 - Autumn/Fall.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Gosh this is beautiful. Love the faux stitching - it's perfect! Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges and I hope you'll check out the winners!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous colours and super image, thanks for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Cathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the rich colours you have used. Thank you so much for joining in the That Craft Place challenge this time.
Cathy xx