Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Summer Holidays at An Oldie But Goodie

Hello and welcome to my lovely new followers - it's great to see you here - hope you like what you see and decide to stay a while.

Today sees the launch of a new challenge for you over at

and this time my lovely blogging and DT buddy
 (and surrogate Grandma to Oliver and Lola Arizona) Laurie
has picked the theme

SUMMER HOLIDAYS

Now the idea behind thechallenge blog is to use your crafty goodies that you have had in your stash for a t least 6 months.

I decided to go with something completely different for me and made my card using my Craft Artist CD Rom that I have had for over a year now and never done anything with it!!!

So I created a background using papers, materials and elements from one of the many Digi Kits I also bought with the Craft Artist CD - 'Beaches' from Daisy Trail - available here

I then added one of my digi images from Digi Stamp Boutique - the PNG version so that is was the outline only so when I printed the whole thing off I was then able to colour the omage using my PM's and FM'S


I have had this resource in my stash for such a long time and never used it before but I was thrilled with the end result :o)


I have already had another wee play with the CD and craeted some Digi Scarpo LO's that I hope to share with you another day.

Our sponsor this week is
Robyn's Fetish
Please check the main challenge blog for all the details of the prize on offer and all the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.
Whilst you're there please welcome our new DT buddy Helen - it would be great if you could pay her a special visit to say hello :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes (must use a digi)

http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

http://lexiscreations.blogspot.com/ - At the Beach

http://craftascene.blogspot.com/ - A Beach Scene

http://craftingwhenwecanchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Summer Fun

http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.ca/ - Summer Daze

http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - No Flowers

http://jeanette-soartfulchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Ocean (Picture Inspiration)

http://digistampboutique.blogspot.co.uk/ - June Customer Challenge
Thanks for your vist today - I really appreciate it.
I'll be back very shortly with another project to share with you as Guest Designer for another challenge :o)
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

19 comments:

Fluffles said...

Fabulous card Debs, love how you have created it & I adore the starfish border. Lovely work, Jx

DesignerDiva said...

lol lol lol I'm laughing so much Debs - it's official now there's no taking my honoury title back!!
Your card is really fabulous, I've never used these CD's before and you have to stop showing me things I want! (except for the Grandkids of course!)
Love the design and layout its all scrummy.
I'm trying to talk Raegan into letting me go to Orlando with her and her friends in September - I'm not winning yet lol
Hugs Laurie xx
PS
Kiss the kids for me! xx

brenda said...

Morning Debs

What a really great beach scene and love the surf dood.

Might need to get that one as it will be prefect for Eliot, he's a real surf fanatic, search me why he enjoys it so much in our cold waters.

Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene this month and really hope you will join us again.

Hope the family are all well, no doubt the grandchildren are growing and probably on their feet by now.

B x

Cheryl said...

hi Hun oh so glad you have used your craft Artist I must admit I use it nearly every day even if its to print,out papers,love it,as its so easy to use,and the results are always brilliant,just love this hun just love the scene you have created perfect hugs Cherylxx

Sue said...

Aww this is fab Debs!! I love the image and scene that you've created. The little pinwheel is SO sweet!
Hope you are well
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Deanna said...

Fabulous beach scene love the surfer dude!

Rosietoes said...

Super card. Love how you designed it. Thank you so much for joining us in the JS Challenge.

Edna x

Robin said...

This is very creative. I didn't even know these CD's were out there. I love the fun aspects. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafting When We Can. Hugs, Robin

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love the beach scene you created .. perfect with that surfer dude ..
Fab Holiday card
Lisa x

Claire said...

This is just fabulous Debs, love the bunting across the top and your little windmill is brilliant. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x

Sheryl said...

What a fun card. Just what we need to cheer us up and help us imagine summer! Thanks or joining us at INCY WINCY this week.
Hope we see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

happyscrapper said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine

Tracy said...

A very cool surfer Debs, a fabulous creation.
happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the little pinwheel!
Helen x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

What a fabulous job. You did really good using that CD! That little pinwheel is totally adorable.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Crafting when we can. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

PS for the next time if you want to be eligible for the prize you can only enter 5 challenges including ours.

NancyD said...

Great card for a fella. Love your scene. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Eret said...

So fun card Debs. Love it! It looks like a real beach photo :) Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back in our next challenges as well :)
Hugs, Eret

Anna-Karin said...

Very cute card! Love the little pinwheel. Thank you for playing along at Craft a Scene!!

happyscrapper said...

Awesome summer card. Love the pinwheel. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine